Trauma Mama Daily Affirmation Day….6?

I missed a couple over the weekend. It was crazy and I wasn't feeling well on Sunday. I know what I was thinking those days, so I will get back to them if I can.

Today though, the first day of DST.

Repetition is good. Repetition helps lock things into the brain.

So today we are revisiting:

This is Daylight Saving Time Spring Ahead Week. (repeat, repeat, repeat)

It's a tough enough week for me. I feel jet lagged.

And its corollary:

Being on time to work/school/doctor appointments/birthday parties/family get-togethers is not worth damaging my connection with my child.

So he was a little behind schedule this morning. It was by less than ten minutes and he was in a good mood. At least three minutes of the delay was due to him asking me to cuddle with him on the bed after I helped him make it. Those were three precious minutes I would do over again in a heartbeat. That I personally wish I could have made go on for longer. Connection time. That he asked for. 

This is good.

Comments

  1. That is wonderful! And I wish I'd read it before the epic horror experienced here this morning. But in the end, yes, taking the time to connect on the level my child needed, not the level that I wanted, got us out the door eventually.... much, much later than 10 mins.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time