Trauma Mama Daily Affirmation Day 10

I cannot connect with my child while I'm connecting with an electronic screen.

T's screen time is strictly limited.

I need to start doing the same for myself.

Instead of posting photos to foap while he sits on the couch reading, I could be reading with him. Or at least reading next to him.

So enough with Facebook, enough with Angry Birds Star Wars, enough with foap. I was smart enough to decline downloading solitaire -- do you notice it doesn't come preloaded on computers anymore -- deciding that if I really feel like I need to play, I can get out the deck of cards and manually shuffle and move the cards around.

I understand how electronics are so addicting for him; I can barely remove myself from them.

I'm sneaking this one in while he gets ready for bed.

Oops, here he is; asking to go on Study Island. I just suggested we read a book together.

Off I go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time