Trauma Mama Daily Affirmation Day 8

I will look for the good things in my life and my relationship with my child.

Let's face it. This trauma mama stuff isn't easy. It's hard, it's draining, and it's depressing. Life often seems like a downer more often than not. Fourteen percent of moms parenting children with trauma have considered committing suicide. Sobering statistics.

In an attempt to remind myself of the simple things that can bring happiness, I started a Happy Moments jar. When I think of something that happened recently that was a happy thing, I write it on a post it note and put it in the jar.

T decided he wanted to join me. That made one of my happy moments notes.

Today we read through our notes from January and early February. It was good to be reminded of the not -bogged-down-in-trauma-times.

"T helped me with my ski boots." "I skied Cut Throat without falling today." "Mom made a great dinner last night." "T was a good helper today."

Small moments, but good moments.

Then we spent 10 minutes catching up on our Good Moments from the end of February through today. We put them in the jar to read them at the end of March. "We caught Simon and saved his life today." "I skied Ptarmigan with Daddy today." "We skied at Bromley today. I didn't want to leave."

Now to figure out how to save them all. De-cluttering makes my happy list, but I think these are things we need to keep.

Comments

  1. I've loved this series of posts! What an awesome idea with the Happy Moments Jar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time