Fee-lauers!


I knew we were going to be OK after the first two months of struggling when my little boy got so excited to see the fee-lauers poking up through the ground and finally bursting forth in color. His original language doesn't have  blended consonants, so we got words like 'suh-no' (snow) and 'e-top' (stop) and 'fee-lauers' (flowers). You cannot find joy in beautiful flowers and want to share your discoveries with your mommy without being reachable. Somewhere in those angry depths was a child who could find joy. I don't think the purple irises bloomed that year, but this year they did. And now I am sharing them with you. Because it makes my heart sing to see the fee-lauers blooming too!

This year he has planted sunflower seeds on his own, and he is carefully tending to them without any help or direction from me. I hope they grow, and I hope the squirrels and bunnies leave them alone!

Comments

  1. Aw, nothing sweeter than a child sharing flowers with mommy! Here's to a summer full of blooming fee-lauers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Kristiana's Sa - lide. I've forgotten the others, there were several all at once.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

What's Working