My Favorite Roses


It's been a brutally hot summer -- so not much time being spent inside writing blog postings. I have several started in my head, but can't quite get to them. Odd, since I'm out of triathlon commission with two bad knees, you'd think I would have lots of spare time, but I don't know what I've done with it. So, in the absence of being able to put thought to paper, I'm sharing some photos of some of my favorite flowers. I don't know their official name, but I call them Cape Cod roses.

Some are light pink, like the ones in the top photo. Some are fuchsia-leaning, like these.

I love that they grow so freely -- sprawling along fence rails and beach paths. They grow in abundance with no pruning, fertilizing, or pesticides. They just grow. And look pretty.


And, a boat in the background for authenticity. 

Enjoy! I'm probably going to be on hiatus during the Olympics. I'm hoping it will be fun to watch the track and field events with T. We're also going to be watching for the woman swimmer from Ethiopia -- realizing she won't be a high priority for the American television audience, so we may have to go to Ethiopia's version of youtube for her race(s). 

T loved the winter Olympics back when he first came home with us. You don't really need language to enjoy watching someone ski down a hill at breakneck speed. The thrill of waiting for the occasional wipe out helped too. For some reason, he enjoyed watching the bobsled races. To me, it's like watching paint dry, but it kept him happy during an otherwise unhappy time, so bobsled watching it was. 

There weren't too many Ethiopian athletes in the winter games, so this time around we get to cheer for USA and Ethiopia. Let the games begin!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous roses - so summery!

    We're loving the Olympics too. Yosi cheers for whatever team is wearing one of his favorite colours, jumping up and down on the couch (I give up) shouting 'go red team! go red team!' and then at the end 'oooh, blue team, don't be sad, you did your best. maybe you win next time.'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time