Beach Plums!


We don't get to the Cape early enough for me to get good beach plum blossom photos. This was one of the last ragged remnants of a flower that remained. What I like about this photo is not the flower, but the bright striped guy on the leaf to its left. What an interesting colored bug!


Indeed, by the time we arrive, the fruit is already growing. I'm not sure why I love beach plums so much -- probably their association with being...well...at the beach. It is certainly not a fruit that grows in the clay we have for soil. My grandmother used to put up jars of beach plum jelly. I wouldn't even know when to pick them, let alone make food out of them. I do miss her beach plum jelly. You can buy it in the stores, but it's just not the same.

I tried to get some nice closeups of the beach plums, but I was rushed. People were coming down the path and the path to the beach was about two inches wide this year due to long, overhanging, tick-infested grass, so they were having to wait for me and I had no way to move out of their way, and you cannot take a good photo when rushed. So this was the best I could do. Hopefully I did better with the roses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time