The Return (Arrival?) of Winter


Disclaimer: This photo was taken in early March. But, it did snow today. And Monday. And Tuesday. Where we live, late April snow is not unusual. However, I think we're grumpier than normal about it since we actually set a record for the least amount of snowfall ever for a winter here, and up until now, we were about three to four weeks ahead of schedule for all things blooming. We even hit 90 degrees one day recently -- the earliest in the year we've ever had a 90 degree day! And now Mother Nature has laughed in our faces and plunged us back into the days of snow and cold that we thought we were long behind us for the year. April is truly the cruelest month. The two tulips the deer and/or rabbits left us want to bloom, but remain tucked up tightly against the weather. I hope the critters don't get them too before they open. T wants to play outside and he most definitely does not want to have to wear his boots. I thought I'd traded in my boots for Birks too.

Brrrr. Grrrr!

Comments

  1. Bleh, same here minus the snow. Expected to drop below freezing tonight. I am not amused. A month ago, it was so warm I ran out and bought Yosi shorts. Hope he gets to wear them before he outgrows them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time