Name That Flower


This tiny little beauty pokes her little head up right next to the garage foundation every spring. She usually beats the daffodils, but this year they beat her. I have no idea what type of flower she is, but she has so often been my first harbinger of spring, bringing joy to my heart that winter is on its way out. Her location is rather odd; I think maybe she survived the construction of the garage, which would account for the fact that she pops up out of the ground a mere inch or two away. I'm not sure I could transplant her to a prettier location -- I think I might destroy the bulb trying to dig it up.

But at any rate, I would like to know what type of flower she is. So anyone who can help, please let me know!

Comments

  1. I have these too! I remembered the name was russian sounding, something like pushinka so I did some digging and found it. http://northernshade.ca/2011/05/16/white-and-blue-striped-flower-bulb/ It's a Puschkinia bulb, or striped squill. Aren't they a great way to start the spring season? Also, I was able to transplant a bunch of them and they came back the next spring just fine in their new home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time