The Art of Eating with Injera and How It Applies to Chinese Food

Yesterday we ordered in Chinese food. This whole stopping my work day at 3:30 thing just isn't going well and once again it was well past five when I finally logged out, tired, beat up, and not close to being done.

I ordered vegetable mu shoo. We usually get veggie lo mein, but I wanted something different. It worked out well last night.

I just tried to eat leftover mu shoo for lunch. At first it seemed like an epic FAIL. The wrapper fell apart and was impossible to hold -- the veggies landed in a heap on my plate.

I was ready to toss the wrapper and just heat up some rice, but then I remembered my acquired-through-adoption Ethiopian heritage.

I ripped the mu shoo wrapper into scoop-sized pieces and ate my mu shoo like I was eating doro wat with injera.

It worked perfectly! Does that count as fusion cuisine?

Sometimes you have to take your successes where you find them.

:)

Comments

  1. I love it! When I was in Ethiopia, I had a few days of brutal stomach problems and it occurred to me that injera and scrambled eggs might be okay for me. The guest house staff thought I was nuts and actually phoned someone to confirm they understood me... but it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Small successes are still successes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

What's Working