Beyond the Not Guilty Verdict -- Surviving Black Maleness in America

I'm processing facts and emotions around the fact that there was no justice for Trayvon Martin. I've been having Facebook conversations with people and have decided I need to take it off Facebook and put it all down here.

With a child recuperating from the double whammy of a sprained ankle (icing three times a day) and bronchial pneumonia (nebulizing three times a day), and the fact that my clients will all be back at work tomorrow -- wanting their stuff delivered NOW -- after a week at an industry conference, I don't know when I will have time to put coherent thoughts to cyberspace.

But in the meantime, here is an important link for white Moms of black children. We should not have to teach our sons how to survive black maleness in America -- those days should be long over. But the sad reality is that they are not and we do.

So many thoughts swirling around. But now I have to remember what meds T needs now for which condition. And then cuddle with him and tell him how much I love him while he falls into his innocent slumber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

What's Working