Backfire?


So here's how it goes down with me treating myself to an M&M every time T is disrespectful or argumentative with me or outright lies -- knowing full well he's making it up -- about something I supposedly told him:

T: Jumps up and down and argues with me about something very stupid, so stupid I can't even remember, but he sure didn't want to respect me and take direction from me.

Me: Oh, THANK YOU for letting me have this treat. (I eat an M&M, which I have a bag of stashed in my pocket). I LOVE IT when you do something that lets me have such a yummy treat.

T: Mommy's going to get even fatter!

Me: Oh, THANK YOU for saying something mean to me. I LOVE IT when you say something that lets me have such a yummy treat. And, oh, by they way, SIT IN THAT CHAIR until I tell you you can get up.


Comments

  1. Today when Yosi refused to pick up toys, I asked did he want me to put them in cupboard (aka locked toy jail). "Yes, mommy, please put ALL my toys in the cupboard. Thank you for putting my toys in the cupboard." Erm, okay then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

What's Working