My first posting

I feel like I should have put a lot more thought into this, but thinking isn't doing, and if I didn't start, it was never going to happen. I don't have a particular goal in mind, other than to write down the thoughts that come to me throughout the day, particularly regarding our adoption journey, but possibly on other topics as well.

My name is Karen. My husband's name is Sean. Our son's name is Teshale (Tesh-AH-luh), which means "the best" or "above all the others." His original last name was Yoke (You-kay), which means "fast." Both names are quite accurate descriptions, as far as we're concerned. His adoption was finalized in Ethiopia on Dec. 30, 2009, and we brought him home to upstate New York on Feb. 9, 2010, after a 12-day journey to Ethiopia and back. Our journey to him actually began many years ago, and our journey with him has really just begun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

What's Working