Why I Love Ithaca




Because it's Gorgeous. I know, groan. 



But seriously.


This trail never disappoints. 


The kids had a great time, although Bumblebee was heard to exclaim, "More stairs! I don't want to do any more stairs!" Even though she repeatedly had to be stopped from running up them. She would have done the trail three or four times before we wore her out.


This was a spontaneous trip -- a rare chance to meet up with my family in my neck of the woods. These are times when I remind myself it's not all gun-metal gray skies and snow.

Reason number two to love Ithaca -- it's a vegetarian's paradise. We were hungry and needed to stop for lunch on our way back home. Yes! On the road and not needing to hit up a Burger King for lunch! I spied the Ithaca Bakery -- where it's hard to limit oneself to fewer than five or six loaves of gourmet bread. A quick left turn and we were in the parking lot where I wanted to dance a jig for joy. Real food! Real food! Real vegetarian food!

I dragged a doubting T inside. "What's there going to be good to eat here?" he demanded, and then announced, "I'm not hungry. I just want chips." He consented to a mini-bagel pizza and a half-moon cookie.

Me -- I got the Cayuga Croissant. It's absolutely delightful to walk into a restaurant and have five vegetarian sandwich options. Mine came with avocado, tomatoes, sprouts, and a yogurt garlic dressing. Heaven.

T left exclaiming, "That was the BEST place to eat!"

We heart Ithaca.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time