Facebook Daily Updates

Thought it might be fun to share some things I've posted on facebook about our daily life with T. In no particular order:

Teshale, last night when I made him blow his nose: I don't like you.
Me: It's not my job to be liked.
T: It's not my job to like you.
Teshale is mad at me, and now he says he's going to marry someone ELSE when he grows up.
Why is it never "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"?
That's what I need to do on every long run; take the little Ethiopian with me on the second loop -- so I can listen to "You run slow." "I walking faster than you running," "I want to run fast," "Can I run fast now Mommy?" the whole way.
I usually kiss Teshale on the ear to wake him up in the mornings. It usually makes him laugh. Yesterday he whined, "Stop it! You're getting my ear all germy!"
 
Teshale has officially been inducted into America's organized sports culture. Lacrosse started tonight. "Why lacrosse?" you might ask. Answer: lots of running. 
Who knew that I'd have to take out a second mortgage on the house to gear T-Man up for lacrosse? Wow.
 
Teshale this morning: "I want to sleep longer time." You and me both buddy, you and me both.
Teshale, on his way out the door this morning: See you later alligator!
Me: I love you. See you later alligator, I mean, in a while crocodile!
T: Let's try again. See you later alligator!
T has asked us to cut his hair today. Let's see if he'll let us go through with it.
 Before

 After (it snowed 14 inches the next day -- I think we did the hair removal a tad early)
 All day yesterday T insisted he was going to go to bed by himself. Bedtime rolled around and the tune changed. We convinced him to try it for three minutes. I set the timer and came in when the timer went off. Maybe we can gradually up the time he's in there by himself until he's falling asleep before the timer goes off? I still see some value in quiet cuddling time when we've had a really rough day, so I'm torn.
Last night from Mr. Begged for Snow All Summer Long: "I don't like snow. I want summer."
 
Me: Teshale, you're arguing with me again.
T: No I'm not.
Teshale last night after dinner: I tired. I too full. I need candy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Leaves -- Too Quickly

Break My Heart

The Last Time